Welcome to the Karges Group!
The Karges Group is a newly established research group at the Ruhr-University Bochum in the field of Medicinal Inorganic Chemistry. The focus of the group is to understand, identify and/or influence biological processes in living cells using metal-based compounds. Capitalizing on these insights, novel classes of therapeutic metal complexes are developed which could find applications to treat cancerous tumors.
Students interested in conducting their Bachelor / Master thesis or a research project in the Karges Group are always welcome. Please contact me for more information.
- Congrats to Axel for the acceptance of his review article about metal complexes and nanoparticles for photoacoustic imaging in ChemBioChem
- Congrats to Nicolas for the acceptance of his review article about immunogenic cell death inducing metal complexes for cancer therapy in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed
- Our publication about the application of rhenium complexes as cysteine-targeting warheads got accepted in J. Med. Chem.
- Our study on the use of iridium complexes as immungenic cell death inducing photosensitizers for combined photodynamic therapy and immunotherapy got accepted in Chem. Sci.
- Our paper on the encapsulation of platinum prodrugs into PC7A polymeric nanoparticles which are interacting by dual activation of the STING pathway for combined chemotherapy and immunotherapy got accepted in Adv. Sci.
- Our study on the enantioselective synthesis and biological evaluation of rhenium tricarbonyl complexes as inhibitors for the SARS-CoV-2 main protease got accepted in Chem. Sci.
- Our research study about the use of platinum complex containing tetrahedral DNA nanostructures for combined chemotherapy and immunotherapy got accepted in Adv. Mater.
- Our publication about overcoming the pharmacological liabilites of carboxylic acids trough isosterism as inhibitors for the influenza endonuclease (enzymatic target for the flu) got accepted in ACS Med. Chem. Lett.
- Welcome to Elizaveta Efanova who is joining the group for an internship!
- Our paper about Ru(II) polypyridine bombesin conjugates for targeted photodynamic therapy got accepted in ChemBioChem
- Welcome to Dain Jose who is joining the group for an internship!
- Our paper about understanding and overcoming platinum-resistant tumors got accepted in Adv. Funct. Mater.
- Founding of the Karges Group at the Ruhr-University Bochum